- One set of Speed Stacks for every stacker
- Perimeter markers or cones
How To Play
- If a stacker knocks over a cup while they’re inside the activity area they must fix that cup by placing it upright.
- If a stacker has retrieved a cup and then knocks over another cup inside the activity area, they must set their retrieved cup on the floor, fix the knocked over cup, then run back and touch their home base, before they can resume play.
- Choose an alternative locomotor skill for retrieving the cup like skipping or hopping.
- Choose a variety of stacking patterns or number of repetitions (3-3-3, 3-6-3, Cycle).
- Have stackers work in pairs stacking Doubles (Doubles stacking is when two stackers stack together. The stacker on the right is the right hand, and the stacker on the left is the left hand).
Physical Distance Variation
Students stay in their own space. One student at a time leads the rest of the class in a strength or flexibility challenge.
Social Emotional Learning Alignment (SEL)
SEL helps strengthen the mind-body connection and center mental, social, and emotional health along with physical health.
- Personal Responsibility
- Optimistic Thinking
- Completing Tasks