Stackers & Blasters
- 4-Person Competition Relay
- Around the Table
- Continuous Table Relays
- End / Straight Line Floor Relays
- Fetch 12
- Hound'n Rabbit
- Indy 500
- Jumbo Toss
- March Madness Final 4
- Partner Fitness Challenge
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Roll and Stack
- Simple Stack Tag
- Speeding Tickets
- Stack Bowling
- Stackers & Blasters
- Strength and Flexibility Stacking
- Triple Up Triple Down Relay
Fun movement activity thatfocuses on exercise andfundamental stacking skills
- One set of Speed Stacks for every stacker
Divide stackers into two teams. One team is the Stackers and one team is the Blasters. Each stacker gets a set of cups. Stackers set their cups in the upstacked position and Blasters set their cups in the downstacked 3-6-3 position. Make sure the upstacked and downstacked cups are randomly spread throughout the activity area. Once the cup set-up is complete, the Stackers and the Blasters teams line up on opposite sides of the gym.
How To Play
On the ‘go’ signal both teams run into the activity area. The Stackers upstack the downstacked cups; the Blasters downstack the upstacked cups. After a minute or less of game play, signal to ‘stop’ the game. Upon the signal, all Stackers and Blasters must finish upstacking or downstacking their cups. The winning team is determined by who has more upstacked, or downstacked cups. Because downstacking is typically faster, allow the Stackers a 5-10 second head start against the Blasters.
- If a stacker accidentally knocks over a set of cups, they must return them to their original position before continuing the activity.
- Switch the roles of the Stackers and the Blasters so that each player receives an opportunity to upstack, or downstack.
- Direct players to use various locomotor skills to move between upstacking/downstacking duties.
- Have stackers perform fitness exercises (sit-ups, pushups, flexibility) when upstacking or downstacking cups.