- 4-Person Competition Relay
- Around the Table
- Continuous Table Relays
- End / Straight Line Floor Relays
- Fetch 12
- Hound'n Rabbit
- Indy 500
- March Madness Final 4
- Partner Fitness Challenge
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Simple Stack Tag
- Stack Bowling
- Stackers & Blasters
- Strength and Flexibility Stacking
- Triple Up Triple Down Relay
Simple activity to warm up stackers and review stacking patterns
- One set of Speed Stacks for every stacker
- Perimeter markers or cones
Establish a perimeter with markers or cones. Build the perimeter as large as possible. Each stacker sets one cup on the floor outside of the perimeter and this cup is now their ‘home base’.
Stackers then place their remaining 11 cups randomly inside the activity area. It’s best to have colors mixed up and not clustered together. Once the stackers are finished placing their cups inside the activity area, they go back to their home base and wait for the ‘go’ signal.
How To Play
On the ‘go’ signal; stackers move in and out of the activity area collecting one cup at a time and returning it to their home base. The cups they collect must be the same color as their home base cup. Once stackers have retrieved all 11 cups, completing their set of 12, they stack a designated pattern, and then signal their completion by raising their hand.
- If a stacker knocks over a cup while they’re inside the activity area they must fix that cup by placing it upright.
- If a stacker has retrieved a cup and then knocks over another cup inside the activity area, they must set their retrieved cup on the floor, fix the knocked over cup, then run back and touch their home base, before they can resume play.
- Choose an alternative locomotor skill for retrieving the cup like skipping or hopping.
- Choose a variety of stacking patterns or number of repetitions (3-3-3, 3-6-3, Cycle).
- Have stackers work in pairs stacking Doubles (Doubles stacking is when two stackers stack together. The stacker on the right is the right hand, and the stacker on the left is the left hand).